Reputable mobile casinos offer a selection of mobile deposit options, and amongst the standard credit card and web wallet choices, we’re starting to see a rise in the popularity of Skrill 1-Tap. Read on to find out more about this handy mobile payment service and how you can use Skrill 1-Tap to make quick, safe casino deposits on your smartphone or tablet.
What is Skrill and how does it work?
Skrill started out as Moneybookers in 2001, before being rebranded as the Skrill Group which now incorporates the Paysafecard and Ukash brands. Skrill has expanded to become one of the most trusted payment services for online casinos and bookmarkers, used in more than 200 countries by more than 135,000 online merchants and accepting over 40 currencies including AUD, USD, GBP, EUR, NZD and CAD.
Skrill is what’s known as a web wallet or e-Wallet, which is an online payment service which allows you to store and send money online safely and securely without having to hand over your bank account or credit card details to a third party.
To use Skrill or Skrill’s mobile service, Skrill 1-Tap, you first need to register for a free account with Skrill.com. You can then use your credit card, debit card, bank account, Paysafecard or other online payment system to quickly load funds to your Skrill account. Your money will safely be held in this location until you’re ready to spend it at an online casino.
When you go to make a casino deposit using Skrill, all you need to do is enter your Skrill user name and password and the amount of money you wish to transfer – your funds will be instantly available to play with and the casino vendor will never see your personal financial details.
iPhone and Android deposits with Skrill 1-Tap
While Skrill has been one of the most trusted web wallets in the online casino industry for years now, the recent introduction of the Skrill 1-Tap mobile app has taken the brand to even further heights. Apple and Android users can now make deposits quicker and easier than ever before thanks to the Skrill 1-Tap app, which can be downloaded for free from the App Store or Google Play.
If you already have an account with Skrill, you can use the same login details to sign in on the app, otherwise you can use the app to create a new account.
When a casino accepts Skrill 1-Tap as a deposit method, this is how easy it is to make a safe mobile payment once you’re logged in to the app:
1. Tap your mobile touchscreen to choose Skrill 1-Tap.
2. Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit.
3. You’ll all set – you can now play mobile casino games for real money.
Skrill 1-Tap has been optimised for both smartphones and tablets, and can be used on iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Sony Xperia, Windows Phone, Google Nexus and other Android powered devices. Payments made over the app are protected by the same level of digital SSL (secure socket layer) encryption technology as the desktop site, but it always pays to make sure you’re using a secure WiFi, 3G or 4G connection for extra security.
Does it cost money to use Skrill?
It’s 100% free to sign up for an account with Skrill, but there are some very minor transaction fees attached to certain deposit methods you should be aware of. Using your bank account to deposit money to your Skrill is usually free, but credit card payments can incur around a 1.9% processing fee. Check the fees page at Skrill.com for a list of the transaction fees associated with your chosen currency.
Withdrawing funds from Skrill can only be done via your bank account (or to a Visa card, in some countries), with both direct bank transfer and SWIFT payment transfers incurring a withdrawal transaction fee of a few dollars.
If your Skrill account is inactive for more than 12 months, a $1 fee will be deducted from your balance for every month your account remains untouched.
Benefits of using Skrill 1-Tap for casino deposits
Choosing Skrill and Skrill 1-Tap for your mobile deposits offers many advantages, including:
- Safety – Skrill provides an additional layer of security between you and an online casino vendor, so when you play at a reputable casino like the ones recommended here at MobileCasinoSite.com you are doubly protected. On top of the secure socket layer encryption technology used, customers are also protected by Skrill’s 100% money back guarantee which ensures if you suffer a financial loss as a result of unauthorised access to your account, your money will be reimbursed in full. There’s also the benefit you can use the same Skrill account to fund multiple casino accounts, saving you having to enter your financial details at several different sites.
- Rewards – Skrill customers receive access to all kinds of exclusive promotional offers and rewards, which is something you won’t get when using your bank account or credit card to fund your casino account. In the past we’ve seen exotic holidays, cash and other real world prizes up for grabs at Skrill, while some casino vendors offer extra bonuses for players who choose to deposit using Skrill.
- VIP programme – Skrill users who deposit large amounts regularly can gain access to the VIP programme, which offers 24/7 personalised support, a special Skrill security token, a Skrill MasterCard, lower deposit fees, multi-currency use and access to exclusive events and promotions.
- Widely accepted – Skrill is a preferred payment method at a majority of the leading betting sites and casinos on the Web, so it’s almost always available when you want it.